CLASS INFO: BIBLICAL PARENTING 101
Date: Sunday, January 14th, 2018
Time: 9:00 AM - 9:45 AM
Place: Park & Tilford Cinemas 333 Brooksbank Ave
Room: Theatre 5
Topics: 101 - The Big Picture
CLASS INFO: BIBLICAL PARENTING 106 & 107
Date: Friday, April 13th, 2018
Time: 7:00 pm
Place: North Shore Community Hub 106 W 1st St #401 North Vancouver
Topics: 106 - Dating & Relationships, 107 - Sexuality & Gender
No registration required.
BIBLICAL PARENTING CLASS OVERVIEW
God has given Christian parents the privilege and responsibility of raising their children to know and love Jesus Christ, but the church is here so that every follower has a community of believers around them for help and support. So, the main job of Family Ministries at Westside Church is to help and support parents as they seek to lead their family in the ways of the Lord. These biblical parenting classes are designed to do just that.
The classes are designed with 2 key questions in mind:
- What does the word of God teach us about a given parenting issue?
- How do we put that into action in our daily lives?
Topics we will cover are:
- Parenting defined, culturally and biblically
- Brief overview of the gospel and each family member's need of the cross
- The relationship between God's sovereignty and a parents responsibility
- Why children reject the gospel
- Roles for mom and dad