To Make Jesus Known.
Everything we do at Westside is centered on making Jesus known. Christ’s great commission is for His disciples to go out and make disciples (Matthew 28:18-19). Our purpose and desire is to make disciples of Jesus that will make disciples in their communities which will make disciples - well you get the idea, and this includes our kids ministry. Everything from our curriculum to our Kids Club nights aim to make Jesus known in some way, and we look forward to partnering with you as parents so that the young in our church will grow as Jesus did “in wisdom and in stature and in favour with both God and man” - Luke 2:52.
Our vision for the kids of Westside is that through the efforts of their parents, the kids ministry leaders, others within the church body and most of all, the work of the Holy Spirit, they will:
- Grow in Christ and in spiritual maturity
- Be firmly established in faith and doctrine
- Discover, develop and fruitfully use their gifts
- Passionately embrace and pursue a God-centered vision for their lives
- Meaningfully engage in worship, study, prayer and ministry
- Apply a robust and biblical vision for manhood and womanhood
- Live courageously in the world even under pressure to conform
- Thoughtfully and effectively engage the culture for the sake of the gospel
- Are Christ-exalting, mission-minded, soul-winning, justice-pursuing, God-fearing, Christ-treasuring, joyfully self-forgetting, passion-spreading, spiritually fruitful men and women who are devoted to spreading a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all people through Jesus Christ
*Adopted from Bethlehem Baptist http://www.hopeingod.org/
The Theology of Westside Kids We pray that as you invest the time in reading these pages, you will catch the vision and join with us in spreading a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of the generations to come.
This document and all credit should rest with the Council of Elders, Bethlehem Baptist Church, 1992, Revised 1999. The Elders, Westside Church, 2011, echo all statements mentioned in this document.